Big-BBQ DO 4.5 Dutch-Oven made of cast-iron | Pre-Seasoned 10′ cast iron cooking pot | with lid lifter | with legs
Dutch oven was among the daily commodity for the then population of the 18th century in America. They were crucial for the settlers, who trekked westward as well as for all those who were already settled.A Dutch oven or Black pot is a pot made of cast iron. These pots and pans are thick-walled, have
Dutch oven was among the daily commodity for the then population of the 18th century in America. They were crucial for the settlers, who trekked westward as well as for all those who were already settled.
A Dutch oven or Black pot is a pot made of cast iron. These pots and pans are thick-walled, have a consistent wall thickness and a heavy lid. The edge of the cover is usually raised up, so that no embers or ash can fall into the food when the lid is removed from the pan.
There are Dutch ovens in various sizes and depths. The size of the pots are usually in indicated inches. Some manufacturers choose the model drawing and the content in quart as an indication. We give both diameters and capacity on all models.
The cast iron pots are characterized by a slow temperature absorption, the pot can then very well save and distribute evenly on the food. For this reason also very little heat is necessary, so that the pot arrives at a sufficient temperature. The steam cannot escape through the heavy cover, which can and must be 100% sealed. Therefore, even meat dishes can be cooked gently in its own steam and kept extremely juicy.
Before the first use a cooking appliance from cast iron must definitely be burned. But don’t worry, the burn-in is not rocket science and often also not necessary. Big BBQ are already finished burned in pots, pans and Dutch ovens. You can then tell that from the deep black color. If the stuff is not yet burnt, then the cast iron would be just grey.
With each use forms a natural patina which protects the pot. With each use, this patina gets better and better. Incorrect use or incorrect cleaning can destroy the patina. On no account should you wash your Dutch oven body with sharp cleaners or soap.
With a good ‘grown’ patina, your DO generates a unique aroma and burning the food is practically impossible.
- With this cast iron pot, you can directly get started. The original BIG-BBQ pots are pre-seasoned finished and nothing gets in the way of a delicious dish from the Campfire
- Our kettles are supplied complete with accessories. With the lid-lifter you can lift the lid of the Dutch oven safely and comfortably.
- The 4 cm feet on the big BBQ Dutch oven ensure that there is sufficient space for glow and briquettes. The pots can be used in any fireplace or in a barbecue area
- The 10″ big BBQ DO 4.5 QT has a diameter of 23.5 cm. The interior height is 10 cm. The capacity is 3.7 L
- Scope of delivery: Dutch Oven and lid lifter